Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Recycling : Rubbish & Blood




Tuesday 25th September

Got up early at 7.30 am just in case Ricardo came at 8.00 , but did no appear, so enjoyed a glorious morning of sunshine whilst remaining a reasonable temperature. Popped down to see Antonio the Metalica man about a new banister for the lower stairs which are quite dangerous, but he was out….manyana @8.00am. Also dropped by the second –hand shop to say hello to Brenda, but she was about to start a meeting with her partner Marlene.

After lunch, had a session on Dreamweaver, my fancy web development software which is a bit advanced for me…anyway, managed to retrieve my 5 web pages constructed in Frontpage (an inferior Microsoft html webpage editor), and put them in Dreamweaver format as a web site on my laptop, so quite a big step forward.

Went for a walk late afternoon to dispose of a weeks recyclables (3 bags ), which was about 80% of my rubbish since being here…mainly wine and beer bottles it has to be said, but also tins, plastic bottles and general plastic wrapping, polystyrene trays and tetra-cardboard packs (milk, fruit juice etc) which most Councils at home refuse to take. Found some bins and bottle bank (vidreo) in the main high street and deposited my stuff…If Spain can do it, why cant we ??.....end of rant.

Also spotted a luxury coach in the high street which turned out to be the travelling blood donor vehicle….nice comfy seats for the tea and biscuit ….well what ever they have….sorry didn’t venture inside to donate …I’m of the Tony Hancock school “….if God gave me 8 pints, then I’m hanging on to them !!” The Spanish are more generous, and the bus was doing a roaring trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home